The sensory analysis of a coffee (or any other product) is an exercise that does not have to be innate, it can be trained and developed with a series of guidelines and working on it little by little, so no previous experience is necessary.
In this coffee tasting workshop we are going to work on our senses and how we perceive the different expressions that a coffee can offer us. To do this we will divide the course into 3 different exercises.
1. Olfactory phase: we will learn to distinguish the nuances of more than 36 aromas with our Le Nez Du Café smell box.
2. Basic tastes and acidity: on this table we will identify the 5 basic tastes (sour, sweet, salty, bitter, umami) and the different types of acidity that can be found in a coffee (citric, lactic, malic, acetic, etc...).
3. Brazilian cupping: we will see the different guidelines that must be followed to carry out and score a professional cupping and we will taste different origins and varietals of coffee.
For any further information please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Course prices reflect the following:
- The quality of the training received based on years of experience in the coffee and educational sector.
- The preparation of the class.
- The quality of the equipment and materials used, as well as the consumables (speciality coffee).
- Very small groups.
- The continuous training of the teachers in courses, congresses, forums, etc.
** Cancellation policy:
When you purchase a place on a course, you will receive an email confirming your place and we will start preparing the class. On the other hand, the number of places available to the public will be reduced by the number of places you have contracted and if the course is full it will no longer be available for purchase. Whilst we understand the unforeseen circumstances caused by illness or accident, our refund policy will reflect the costs incurred in setting up that class and the fact that the place has not been available to another purchaser.
- A full refund will be given if the course is cancelled at least 21 days before the course is due to take place. The student may also be offered another available date if he/she prefers a refund.
- A cancellation fee of 50% will be charged if the course is cancelled between 21 days and 48 hours before the course takes place.
- No refund will be given and no alternative date will be offered if the student does not attend the course or cancels with less than 48 hours notice.
Disclaimer: All courses are taught in Spanish, if you'd like to assist to a course in English, please let us know at email@example.com and we'll try to accomodate you.