This course for baristas at INTERMEDIATE level covers all the contents that are assessed in the Intermediate certificate of the Specialty Coffee Association, but does not include the tests corresponding to this qualification (the Exam+Certificate SCA Intermediate must be added to the purchase price).
Obtaining this certificate will give you access to the Barista Skills Professional course.
It takes place in TWO DAYS, the first from 10am to 6pm and the second from 10am to 3pm. In the afternoon of the second day, the exam is held for those who have chosen the option of obtaining the SCA certificate.
The Barista Skills Intermediate course expands on the concepts and skills introduced in the Foundation course. It is the ideal course for those who have experience as baristas and wish to discuss how to improve coffee quality and prepare for more complex tasks within the profession.
Programme: Throughout this interactive course, students will learn more about coffee itself, in particular the impact of coffee variety, origin and processing methods on taste; the parameters of coffee quantity, grind texture, water quality and extraction time and how they interact when programming a recipe; the structure of the beverage and differences in taste; efficiency and workflow management; sensory aspects of espresso extraction; milk processing and techniques; and latte art.
In addition to coffee preparation, this course also covers key concepts related to health and safety, customer service and basic business practices.
The course is held in the centre of Madrid, at Hola Coffee Academy (Link in Maps). We attach great importance to quality and personalised attention in the training, so the maximum number of participants is 4 people.
For any further information please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
* Course prices reflect the following:
- The quality of the training received based on years of experience in the coffee and educational sector.
- The preparation of the class.
- The quality of the equipment and materials used, as well as the consumables (speciality coffee).
- Very small groups.
- The continuous training of the teachers in courses, congresses, forums, etc.
** Cancellation policy:
When you purchase a place on a course, you will receive an email confirming your place and we will start preparing the class. On the other hand, the number of places available to the public will be reduced by the number of places you have contracted and if the course is full it will no longer be available for purchase. Whilst we understand the unforeseen circumstances caused by illness or accident, our refund policy will reflect the costs incurred in setting up that class and the fact that the place has not been available to another purchaser.
- A full refund will be given if the course is cancelled at least 21 days before the course is due to take place. The student may also be offered another available date if he/she prefers a refund.
- A cancellation fee of 50% will be charged if the course is cancelled between 21 days and 48 hours before the course takes place.
- No refund will be given and no alternative date will be offered if the student does not attend the course or cancels with less than 48 hours notice.
Disclaimer: All courses are taught in Spanish, if you'd like to assist to a course in English, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to accomodate you.