Brewing Foundation is the first contact with the methods of drip extraction and the knowledge of the variables that will allow us to develop a perfect infusion of coffee and its correct extraction.
The aim of this course is to enable the barista to control all the variables that influence the brewing process and to be able to extract the best results for the various methods.
The Foundation level is perfect for those eager to put every basic piece in place but also go a little deeper to evaluate the coffee. It is about best practices; as the extraction of coffee for the candidates is deepened in an important way.
For the practicals we have material from including the following coffee makers: Chemex, V60, Aeropress, French Press, Cold Brew and Clever Dripper.
- Coffee botany. Plants, species and specific information.
- Processing and processing techniques.
- Speciality coffees: quality.
- Preparation of coffee: factors affecting extraction.
- Coffee vs. water ratio. Water ratios and characteristics.
- Types of grinding.
- Infusion temperature and contact time.
- Turbulence of water on coffee particles.
- Extraction process for different methods.
The course is held in the centre of Madrid, at Hola Coffee Academy (Link in Maps). We attach great importance to quality and personalised attention in the training courses, so the maximum number of participants is 4 people.
For any further information please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Course prices reflect the following:
- The quality of the training received based on years of experience in the coffee and educational sector.
- The preparation of the class.
- The quality of the equipment and materials used, as well as the consumables (speciality coffee).
- Very small groups.
- The continuous training of the teachers in courses, congresses, forums, etc.
** Cancellation policy:
When you purchase a place on a course, you will receive an email confirming your place and we will start preparing the class. On the other hand, the number of places available to the public will be reduced by the number of places you have contracted and if the course is full it will no longer be available for purchase. Whilst we understand the unforeseen circumstances caused by illness or accident, our refund policy will reflect the costs incurred in setting up that class and the fact that the place has not been available to another purchaser.
- A full refund will be given if the course is cancelled at least 21 days before the course is due to take place. The student may also be offered another available date if he/she prefers a refund.
- A cancellation fee of 50% will be charged if the course is cancelled between 21 days and 48 hours before the course takes place.
- No refund will be given and no alternative date will be offered if the student does not attend the course or cancels with less than 48 hours notice.
Disclaimer: All courses are taught in Spanish, if you'd like to assist to a course in English, please let us know at email@example.com and we'll try to accomodate you.